Thursday, March 15, 2007
Boot Socks finished!
I finished the Boot Socks from the new "Favorite Socks" book that I was working on for the Favorite Socks KAL. They were a somewhat slow knit, probably due to the cable twists. I did not use the "Cable without a Cable needle" technique, which I understand to be a faster technique. I am just slow but steady..... Yes - I also use DPNS, and am not a toe-up fan. Guess I am stuck in my personal "comfort zone" :)
These are made from Regia fingering weight. I believe the color was Apricot, although I have lost the ball band. I had forgotten how much I like Regia yarn - it was one of my first loves, many years ago! They were made on 2.75mm Pony Pearls DPNS. No changes from the written pattern at all. They are longer than most socks, but I believe I will really like them!
I was nearing completion on the Jaywalkers, when I discovered a huge problem. My stitch count was off significantly - from an early on error. So, sock #2 was completely frogged!! OUCH! I will return to them now, hopefully finishing them soon.
And, an update - In January, I made a commitment to fast from yarn purchases for 3 months. I am at the 2.5 month mark, and with the exception of some charity yarn (which was originally ok by my standards) I have kept my promise!! Doing well, and April 1st will soon be here. Then, I will re-evaluate.... We'll see.