"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Two more for the "kids - big kids this time!"


These Worsted Weight socks were so much fun to knit up. I made these in what I think may be typical "bigger boy's" colors. The brown pair is a simple 4k/2p rib pattern. The Olive is an adaptation of the Fluted Bannister pattern offered several months ago by the 6Sox yahoo group. They were both fun and quick to knit.

This brings my total to only 6 pair. That was my personal goal for CIC's current challenge (knits for the bigger kids) - but I am a little disappointed that I did not do more. I will be sending these off, in addition to 5 toddler-size sweaters.

Off to travel the world in search of cold children - warms my heart!!

7 comments:

Marguerite said...

Great looking socks for the young men.

Six socks and five sweaters is a very generous donation, so be proud of yourself.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Marguerite - six pairs of socks and five sweaters is very, very generous! I only have three pairs of socks and two sweaters to send. I love the green fluted bannisters!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks to warm those bigger kids feet!!
You are a generous knitter!!

Beth said...

I think the socks are gorgeous and know that some bigger boys will love them.

You've done a good job.

JakkiMitch said...

The socks look great! What are the dimensions [leg length from top of cuff to heel flap ... and total length of foot?

I'm getting anxious to start knitting for CIC! Just waiting for the parcel to arrive from KnitPicks!

Ohjeeze said...

Cool socks. I'm just a beginning knitter, and I can't quite figure out socks. Cute doggie too!

Lynn said...

These socks came out so nice!! You did a great job! And I agree, they are perfect for the bigger boys. Unfortunately the bigger boys in all categories of charity work seem to get the raw end of the deal.