"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

While waiting for finished Sidewinders....

Many months ago, I showed you the beginning of my husband's garden...seedlings in our kitchen window. This is how it looks now. He enjoys working in it (at least I think he does), and we both enjoy the nice fresh, healthy produce that it provides. No worry of tainted spinach!! This is the first year in many years that he has not had to plant green beans twice - the first planting being eaten by the rabbits - the second being enclosed in a fence. We seem to have shortage of rabbits this year??? Hmmm - perhaps they are afraid to come into Sofee's yard......

I planted a few tall snapdragons this year. They are doing well, and are really taking center stage in a some of my flowerbeds. My mom grew them when I was young. She always staked them, so they would stand tall. Mine are on their own...some are drooping out of planters, some are indeed standing at attention. My flowerbeds are a little unruly at times! I think I will plant more next year....who knows, perhaps I will stake them next year. A little order might be good.

Sidewinders will be finished later tonight, with photo posted tomorrow. Strawberry/Rhubarb pies took priority today, I am afraid.

4 comments:

JakkiMitch said...

Nice garden! I'm jealous! I used to garden, but not since moving here. I've got a very small yard. Last year I did a bunch of container plants and this year... just three pots of flower.

Beth said...

Wow! Your garden is amazing. I'm jealous. I'm a square foot gardener myself but love the look of the long rows.

I have some animal digging up one pepper plant over and over. When I catch him he won't know what hit him!

bobbi said...

that is some garden.
glad the rabbits found someother place to nibble.
great photo of your snapdragon.

Rebecca said...

I wish I could have a garden!!!! Your hubby's garden looks like the ones my Dad used to grow. Fresh-grown veggies, what a LUXURY!