"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

one more gift done....

These are the mitts for my son.
I am very happy with how they turned out!
They have a good deal of stretch (with the 3/2 ribbing pattern) so I am sure they will fit him just fine. This is a pattern that I found on Ravelry. (Don't ya Ravelry?!?) They are knit from Dale of Norway Falk, a superwash sport weight wool. It is the left-over yarn from his sweater. Same ribbing pattern, actually. On size US 2 1/2 DPN,s so a very tight gauge.

I may make some for myself out of Tuir, another Dale yarn, but extremely soft as it is 60% mohair. Would make holding a book in the early morning hours more pleasant. My favorite time to read, but the house is usually cool first thing in the morning.

No comments: