"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What's new....

First off, I want to thank you all for the encouraging words about the gloves. I am wearing them, and they fit so well, and provide such warmth....yes, they are keepers. I have never been a great scarf fan, but this one...well, I love it. Anyway - thanks for all your kind comments!

Last Friday I received a shipment from WEBS. It was 15 skeins of Queensland Kathmandu Aran, a dark green tweed. I was familiar with this yarn, and knew that I would love the rustic tweediness and softness that it had. I was right...instant adoration!On Saturday, I cast on for "Place Cable Aran" from the Fall 07 issue of Interweave knits. I have just completed the back. It is an easy and fun knit. I am loving every stitch! I hope I have chosen the best size, and also that I can control the amount of curl on the bottom. Always something to worry about I guess. Other than that - pure joyful knitting. And, this one is all for me...I really need to learn to take better photos. This tweedy yarn will be the end of me.... These are terrible photos, but you would not believe how long it took me to get ones even this good. So sorry..... The color is more accurately depicted in the first photo. The cables really do show up quite nicely in person.

No comments: