"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

As my world turns.....

Another hat finished and this time it's "Just the right size". I made it with the same needles as the larger one, but held the tension just a tad more firm. Amazing the difference that makes. It brings to mind how I used to struggle with keeping my tension constant when I was knitting as a means of relaxation. Sometimes those stress knits were wayyyyy too tight. This is made from Cascade 220 and an unknown progressive variegated. This hat is a great way of using up scraps of yarns. I just love the crown action. Quite a fun knit. Courtesy of Brooklyn Tweed, in case anyone is unaware. Size 7 needles.

An order from KnitPicks came yesterday. Included was this most delightful book. Kay told me of a Chihuahua sized sweater pattern in this book. It is a very nice book. I believe it to be the best book for small sized dog sweaters I have ever seen! They are practical and very "wearable" designs. Thanks so much Kay! (Sofee and Herky will also be quite grateful come Christmas time.)Also in the order was one skein of this "happy" sock yarn. Not sure what I will do with it....perhaps a sweater for Sofee, or something for the grand babe..... we'll see, but it just makes me smile. I will be ordering more, I am sure. It is Felici sock yarn Provence colorway. The colors are really more vibrant than this photo.

And speaking of the grand babe..... It's all about multi-tasking and time management at grandma's house. I had almost forgotten those skills, but sort of like riding a bike -- it all comes back! My days are jammed packed with grins and delightful duties! Life is good....oh so good!!!!

No comments: