"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Life's mysteries....

I must wonder, why am I in a "Hat Phase" right now? I don't wear hats, and quite frankly, I find getting them to fit a proper sized head somewhat of a challenge. So, why must I continue to make hats? Mr Cereal Canister has yet another one to model. Perhaps I should allow him to keep it....as it does fit him quite well. A human head, however, - not so sure. It's pretty large!

This is "Turn a Square" by Jared Flood (AKA Brooklyn Tweed). Lovely pattern - especially the crown. It's a combo of Galway and Noro's Silk Garden. Hopefully it will fit one of my son's friends. I plan to ship all of my hats to my son for distribution to his ski boarding friends.

And probably an even bigger mystery is why am I drawn to yet ANOTHER mystery Shawl pattern? Sort of like when I was a kid, and always spent my "toy money" at the Iowa State Fair on that unknown grab bag purchase. The suspense of it all I guess.....

This is the completed Clue1 of MS10. For the life of me, I could not get a decent photo - with or without sunshine. (hmmmm - yet another mystery!). It's out of a fingering weight yarn, so actually a pleasant knit. Love the color - a hand dyed job entitled "Latte".
I have a lifeline in, so I think I'll proceed with Clue #2. At least getting a shawl to fit is not a challenge....... And with shawls, it's all about the process anyway.....

No comments: