I have a friend who likes the color green. This is the fiber that I asked Ginny of FatCats to dye, especially for her
I spun it up into this yarn. It's a 2-ply worsted weight merino, 218 yards.
Here is the project bag that I made for her:
I have perfected a few things about these bags, and am very happy with this finished one. My biggest struggle remains getting the correct type of interfacing. Sometimes it's not my fault, but the availability of what I can find in the store. For this bag, both layers of fabric (outside and lining) are interfaced. Options were very limited in the store - and I decided to buy the less stiff version rather than risk the too stiff - lumpy bumpy result on the first bag that I made. Not very economical, but I am happy with the outcome, and that's what is most important.
I especially like the lining in this one,
and the little bauble (Its a tiny pink bird ) hanging off the zipper pull. I am now adding tabs at the zipper ends, which is a very practical addition. I am using the original proto-type as my own project bag. I really need to make myself a new and improved one. Eventually.
I wish I could say that these bags were fun to make. They might be if I didn't still struggle with the construction.... I need to write out more detailed instructions - that would help, I'm sure. It's just been so many years since I have sewn anything. Guess it's not like riding a bike.....
I had to chuckle.....I have a good stock of threads, etc, from the "old days". The price on this spool of thread is proof of what I speak!
Needless to say, I suffer from sticker shock each time I enter a fabric store. Also, having to take a number and wait upwards to an hour at the cutting table is something unheard of in the "old days". LOL....times, they do change.....