"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

She lives!

Sorry....I know I've been totally off the grid of late, but all's well.  Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging, or perhaps there just isn't much worth sharing?  For whatever reason, it's just not happened lately.

I have been knitting though, and just finished my Swirl sweater.  If you will recall, it is knit entirely of handspun yarns - various fibers from different indie dyers.  I had to order a couple more braids of fiber and spin some more yarn, so it was put on hold for a bit of time.  But....I'm delighted to say that it is finished and being blocked as I write this.  I am hoping for a nice outcome to my efforts - next post.  Instructions are to block the "skirt" part, and lay the sleeves loose.  Then it is sewn together.  So, while it looks a bit strange, that is how you are supposed to block it.

Several weeks ago, I had some issues with my "new" computer.  It died.  It was under warranty and they managed to get it fixed fairly quickly, but it did give me a few days unplugged form the cyber world. I will admit that it was a little difficult at first, but I soon realized that it was kind of nice, and I had been spending too much time on the computer.

During this time, I read all three books of the Hunger Games Trilogy.  I am now ready to see the movie when it comes out this spring.   I also read "The Art of Racing in the Wind" by Garth Stein.  A tearjerker,  but a really good book.  And currently, I am reading:
It's really an enjoyable read!  I think if Sofee were to write a similar book, well, it would be just a tad different.  Her outlook on life, and her life in general is just a little skewed for that of a dog. That's the problem - she doesn't know that she's a dog!

I have been volunteering LOTS at BG's preschool.  They have been short on volunteers, and long on need for them as it's testing time for the kids.  So, I've been helping - sometimes 3x a week!  It's fun, but is exhausting!  All the little kids have such unique personalities.  One little boy had a new haircut last Friday.  He told me it was a "FlatTop" which indeed it was.  But....later in the morning, he again wanted to talk about his new haircut, but couldn't remember what it was called.  So....he thought and thought and then remembered...it was a "LapTop"!  Made my day!!!!  LOL!

I'm waiting to hear from Ellen (Son's fiance in New Mexico) with specifications on a sweater that she wants me to knit for her.  It's The Livingstone Cardigan  by Amy Miller.  I hope to order yarn soon.  I think it will be a fun project.  I am finishing up a pair of plainjane socks.....a purse project since my Swirl was too big to carry around.  They are almost done.  Then NOTHING on my needles.  GASP!!!!  I'm sure I can rectify that situation quickly though. 

Take care everyone.  I'll be back, sooner rather than later (I hope anyway!). 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see a modeled shot of the sweater - it looks fascinating! We have similar taste in books. I'm on the second book of The Hunger Games and I also have the two dog books! I've been volunteering in Isobel's class too. First graders are probably less exhausting than preschoolers, but they still keep you on your toes. I love every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

Your Swirl looks like the perfect pattern for handspun yarn. I can't wait to see you modeling it.

Elaine said...

Pretty sweater! I too can't wait to see it finished. How lucky to have a future daughter-in-law that likes hand knits!

Judy S. said...

Can't wait to see what Swirl looks like sewn up! Interesting how much energy little ones have, isn't it? The sweater for your DIL-to-be looks like an interesting project. Glad to see you back!