"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Sock that Would Not BE....



AKA: Pretty Petals. On last count, I started, ripped out, and started again 6 times before I managed to get a sock that pleased (sort of) me!! While attempting to get the stitch count up to 72st, and trying to manage a decent Short Row Heel that fit me well ... there was a great deal of ripping and starting over going on. The final sock has 72st, 6 pattern repeats - 2 travel down instep, a short row heel over 60% of total stitches - and it fits!!. It is not perfect, but it is a sock!! Toward the end of this fiasco - that is really all I wanted to accomplish!! (Actually I did learn a great deal, not the least of which is one might want to leave a well written pattern alone - and just knit it as written!!) Jeanie Townsend's original pattern is beautiful. Thanks Jeanie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the six "petals" and the color is beautiful. Hmm, I may have to buy "Cant-elope" very soon.

Deby said...

This sock is gorgeous! The color really compliments the pattern. You did a great job. I have never done a short row heel and you just scared me, it must be hard!