"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The yarn that went to Scotland....


Came home a pair of socks!!

Yes, I have been on vacation for the last week or so - and we did indeed go to Scotland!! Had a wonderful time, but as Dorothy once said, "There's no place like home". I am happy to be back, but am sure will be ready to go again next year!! (Next year I am smuggling Sofee, however. Leaving her was very hard!!)

These socks were knit primarily during the long (8hr) TransAtlantic flights. I was lucky enough to be able to take my knitting on board. Guess the TSA did not see a great deal of danger in an old lady with "Fat Toothpicks".... LOL!!

The yarn is Lisa Souza's "Shade Garden", knit on 2.25 Dpn's Brittany Birch. 68 st. Basic 2x2 ribbing and St St foot. My basic "Vanilla" sock pattern. Makes for easy, mindless knitting and a terrific fitting and very wearable sock.

Now back to the Fluted Bannister's and then going to do a Nancy Bush design. Will this madness ever end!!! Yikes!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great knitting job! Very pretty!

soapy said...

Great socks! Welcome home!

Monika said...

I know what you mean. My dogs are one reason why I don't like to go on vacation. I miss them terrible when I'm gone.