"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Cozy in Blue...


Here is the finished toddler "Cozy in Cables" for CIC. Oddest thing happened, though. My yellow sweater (same size - same stitch count/needle size/finished size) used quite a bit of a 3rd skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky. For this sweater, I had a small amount of the 2nd skein left!! Marguerite's pattern called for 250 yards (each skein is 225) so 2 should have been adequate. But, after the yellow experience, I ran back and purchased the 3rd skein of all the colors I had purchased (enough for 7 sweaters). So - I may have lots of yarn for bulky wool mittens!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the prettiest "Cozy in Cables" that I have seen - I love it in blue and the bulkiness of the yarn looks perfect - the arm on mine wouldn't bend like yours does in the picture - it was TOO thick.
Are you really going to make 7? or are you switching to other patterns?

YawnOver said...

Cute sweater! You did a beautiful job. I hope we (New England) get some of that snow soon!