"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Done - Finally!


These are the socks that I have chosen to make for my Sockret Pal. I made the first one in November, and no matter how long I waited, it seemed that second sock would not knit itself!! Knitters know what SSS is "Second Sock Syndrome". I now know all about it. I can't explain it, but it was just sssooooo hard for me to pick these back up and get them completed!! But - so glad that I did! I Hope she likes them, and that they fit well. I will be shipping them of in a few weeks.

"Fetzensockens" by Diana Meyer. Lisa Souza "Sock!" yarn, Sage colorway. Pony Pearls DPNS 2.25mm. Fetzen is a German word meaning something like rags, tatters, or shreds. Appropriate name, I think.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is why I never knit 1 sock at a time....I don't think I would ever start that 2nd sock!

What a beautiful pair of socks! Not only is the pattern intricate, but you also did a beautiful picot edge and it looks like an eye of the partridge heel too and that sage color is gorgeous - very nice job!!

Rebecca said...

I can definitely relate to the second sock syndrom. I wish I could knit two socks on two circs but I REALLY don't like messing with the tangled threads. However, some day I plan on giving it a try again.

What a wonderful pattern you selected for your Sockret Pal! I like the "swirling" illusion it gives. I'm sure your pal will be thrilled! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finally finishing the Fetzensocks! I know how you dreaded the second sock but now they are finished. Your knitting is always beautiful so your Sockret Pal should be very happy when she receives her socks.

YawnOver said...

Those socks are completely amazing! Your secret pal will be thrilled. They look very complicated - was it a difficult pattern to knit? While I haven't taken the "2 circs" plunge yet, I have taken to keeping 2 sets of dps going at once to minimize the dreaded SSS!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have done so much great knitting since I last had a chance to comment! I think everytime I loaded your page a child climbed in my lap between me and the keyboard. :)

Happy Belated Birthday, and Congratulations on the retirment. May you enjoy many happy healthy years. I like the pattern you used for the colorblock sweater and pink sweater. Do you know if that booklet is still available?. They both look great. The cozy in cables sweaters are lovely! They look so cuddly.

Wow on the shawl. Absolutely lovely, and I really like the Fetzensockens! I haven't tried the Lisa Souza yarn yet. It's on my list :)

You do such lovely work, it's always a pleasure to come see what you have made.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful socks! I made a pair of these last year with a variegated yarn, but yours look so much better with your yarn and the colour that you've been choosing - the pattern comes out so much better with it! Great job!