"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

And now on Tuesday....

I have my glittens done - and no, I will not bore you with yet another photo of them. I have one more pair to make soon, and during that process I will attempt to make a very detailed step by step pattern. There have been enough people comment and write asking for such. I will just post it here on my blog, free for the taking - if anyone wants. It may be awhile before I get it done, but I promise....eventually.

A moonflower update - it bloomed again, by the light of a full moon no less. It only lasted till noon the following day, however. I have found several more buds developing - perhaps if Jack Frost does not visit soon.....

And, I ask you, how can one hat be soooooo boring?? (Or, I guess 2 hats, as it is Double knit). If it were not fitting my DH's rather large head so well, I would toss it to the wind. He has always avoided hats, as they never fit him. This appears to be a happy match for head size. (Do I need to hang my head in shame - this is the first hat I have ever made!!)
And, another good book recommendation. A Golden Retriever is a main player in this story! Cute. For all the dog lovers out there, the author is a great golden retriever lover. According to the dust cover, he and his wife have established a foundation which has rescued over four thousand dogs, mostly golden retrievers. Good read, must be a good guy.
Off to my "job" at the LYS today. Catch ya later....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pattern. My daughter made me a pair of glitttens about two years ago, and I have literally worn them to threads! I'm thrilled to be able to make another pair - and perhaps make her a pair as well. One good turn (or knit) deserves another!

Backwoodsmama