"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

"Blue Opals"

Well, I can't very well call these socks "Merino Lace Socks" even though that is the name of the pattern by Anne Woodbury. They aren't merino wool, for one thing. What strikes me most is that they are indeed BLUE! And, they are knit with Opal yarn, so my "Blue Opals" are finished.

The lace panel extends down over the heel. Pretty, huh? These will be going to a very special lady as a birthday gift, and I hope she likes them - and that they fit well. The stats: the pattern can be found in Interweve Knits "Favorite Sock" book, or in the Summer 2003 issue of the magazine. They were knit on KnitPicks 16" Circs - Size 1. The very first pair of socks knit on circs for me! Not sure if it will be my last or not - jury is still out on that one.

No comments: