"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A "mom" moment....

My daughter celebrated her 28th birthday yesterday. (Happy Birthday again, Anna!) Due to everyone's schedules yesterday, festivities were very low key, and yesterday evening found just her and I talking about an unexpected gift that I had given to her. You see, I crocheted for her 2 cotton bath mats. I was really going out on a limb here, as she is very particular about the things she has in her home. These are very practical, down to earth bathmats - probably more my style than hers. But, I knew she could use them....if only she would. So, in trying to ascertain if she liked them at all (in amongst several remarks - all of which were politically correct) she said, "And besides, YOU made them!" There was no discussion of the comment, and I am not sure she even realized what she had said, but for me..... sigh..... what a terrific "mom" moment!

The basic stats: "Bathmats" from "One Skein" by Leigh Radford. They were crocheted with a double stand of Peaches n Cream 100% cotton with "J" hook. I rarely crochet these days, as it hurts my wrists, but this was a quick project. It used the majority of two 1 LB cones of cotton.

Today I am taking a bit of a break from the blue socks. I was recently smitten with this scarf
and while hunting thru my knitting paraphernalia the other day, I discovered a few skeins of long forgotten Noro in my stash. (Perhaps I SHOULD inventory my stash in Ralvery). While the colors vary from Jerod's, I am pleased with what I am getting from the colors that I had. I will post a photo as soon as it is worthy.

No comments: