"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

We were there....

A shot of Chicago from atop the Hancock Observatory.
And, just to prove that I was really there:
Then on down the road (or UP the road I should say) to Door County in Wisconsin. A bit more "laid back".
Where we visited lighthouses,
And saw many beautiful Wisconsin barns. And:
I must share with you that I found the most delightful knitting shop in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. It is named "Spin" and it is GORGEOUS!! It is in an old bank building - beautifully re-done! It was newly opened in June, and I truly wish Terri all the luck with her new business. So, if you ever get in the neighborhood, stop by and say hi!. (no camera with me when I was there-Drats!)

Also, I would highly recommend seeing a production by the "Peninsula Players" if you are ever in Door County during the summer months. (We were lucky - they are now closed down till next spring) It is a summer theater group (currently in their 72nd season). We saw a play "Be My Baby" - and it was just delightful. They have a brand new theater nestled in the woods on the shore of Lake Michigan. A great way to spend the evening.

Next year we plan to tour the old historic lodges of Glacier National Park. Already looking forward to that one!! Never can take too many vacations.....

On the knitting scene...several folks have written to me asking for directions on Double knitting. I will try to write up a little ditty and post it later today. Not that I am an authority or anything - and there may be more ways of doing it than I know about. (I say that as I explore Cat Bordhi's "New Pathways for Sock Knitters". ) Who could have guessed that the proverbial wheel could be re-invented in so many ways!! Amazing..... but more about that later too.

No comments: