"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Even though it's irritating....

I do think new snowfall is beautiful! Especially when I can observe from the comfort of my house. We received approximately 10 inches yesterday and into this morning. Schools are closed, as are some businesses. Seems this winter has been more like I remember them during my childhood. Much more snow that in recent years. It's been a good winter in which to be retired. In my previous post, I mentioned the worsted weight socks as being a generic pattern in my head. I have had several people ask for more information. So, here goes. This is hardly a "pattern" as such...just the rough outline. Hope this is enough information. I am assuming that you know how to make a basic sock.

I cast on 48 stitches - using size US 4 DPNS. I did a k1,p1 rib for 1.5 inches. Then the stitch pattern which was Row1: K4, p2. Row 2: Knit all stitches. Repeat these two rows till length of leg desired (I made mine 7.5 inches). Then divide half of stitches for regular slip stitch heel, turn heel, pick up gusset stitches and decrease as normal. Continue with foot till desired length. I made mine 8.5 inches. Decrease for toe and kitchener closed. Mine were 10.75 inches long when completed. I know that is sketchy, but hope that answers your questions.

I have the Rosey baby sweater drying now. My daughter has moved up her anatomy ultrasound, so we should know tomorrow whether the baby will be a boy or girl - if he or she cooperates that is. I don't know....if he/she's anything like her mother....... (lol)

No comments: