"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Do I love them....

well, no. Will my mom love them.... well, I hope so.

Stats: Yarn - Tofutsies (Never again!) color #861. Needles: 2.25mm some generic wooden DPNS (another problem). Cuff pattern: Seeded Ribbing Check. Foot pattern: plain seeded ribbing. Both patterns are from "More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. The combined patterns are shown on page 10. Looks good in solid color - this variegated, perhaps not so much! sigh....

The colors are what mom asked for, and while the Tofutsies was horrid to work with, the final sock seems to be soft and comfy. Machine washability/dryability completes the package. So, there is hope!

She has also asked for a "plain white pair". I think that means plain ribbed socks. I have been struggling with some patterns, even knit and frogged a few. Finally decided that I should not mess with a good thing...a "plain white pair" is pretty specific. At least I think I know what she wants..... Time will tell.

As a follow up to the previous post, I fear that with the forecast of 22 degree temps tonight, my redbud will not see open blossoms this year. We plan to cover the tender new crops out in the garden, and I have not yet planted any tender annuals - so no other worries. Short of pitching a (tall) tent over the redbud....well, not much that I can do I guess. At least it is heavily laden with buds this year, so I know it is healthy and made it through the winter. I have been trying to get a nice redbud established for several years, and I think I have finally managed it. I will have to settle for being grateful for that...... I remember my dad and his Magnolia tree - same situation almost every spring. Guess that occasional "perfect" spring is even more greatly appreciated when it finally does roll around. Perhaps next year...???

No comments: