"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Monday, May 05, 2008

The old, and the new....

Old business first:
Several people have asked why I was so negative about Tofutsies Sock yarn. Perhaps I was too harsh. My big complaint was that it was just so very splitty and difficult to work with. But, it has a reputation of being very soft and comfy on the foot. They have some gorgeous colors, so who knows.... never say never. You "never" know....perhaps I will give it another go....

The current socks that I am knitting are out of the new Cascade "Heritage" sock yarn. I am very impressed with this yarn. It is very soft, nice to work with, machine wash and dry, and a very good price. 75% Merino, 25% nylon. The socks will be done soon... photo in a couple of days.

The New stuff:
My rosebud tree survived! I hesitate to tell you all, but we actually covered it with sheets on that very cold night. DH helped - we used a big ladder as support beam, and draped several sheets over it. We received a heavy frost that night, so I do believe that our efforts paid off. I think rosebuds are so very wispy and mystical looking! I am so happy with this little tree!

On a previous post, I was not sure, but this is indeed a Mourning Dove's nest. The nest is above my eye level, but the camera can catch a glimpse for me. I hope they are successful in rearing their young'uns. I presume there are only 2 eggs - may check back in a day or two to see if more appear.
We have a strange weeping pine tree. Last year it produced about 6 pinecones - first time ever. They began as red nubbies...that "bloomed" into a lovely cone. This year, much to my delight, it is going to be loaded with pinecones! If you look closesly, you can see all the pinkish buds. The entire tree is covered with them. Lots of pines are dieing in Iowa. I am glad this guy seems happy!

No comments: