"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

And now for a PSA.....

Regular readers may remember that nearly 2 years ago, my husband had a heart attack, and we became aware that he had a serious heart condition - not unlike many other Americans. Our diet has changed drastically - or should I say DRASTICALLY!

Our latest tasty discovery is this peanut butter. It is a powder that you mix (2TBS powder with 1 TBS water). For a 2 TBS serving, it has only 54 calories and 2.8g of fat (.55g saturated fat). Compare that to Skippy at 190 calories and 16g fat (3g sat fat). We were very happy to discover it, and thought I would share, just in case anyone else might be interested in a healthier peanut butter. It has a very good, creamy texture and a "fresh peanutty taste"! LOL.... commercial time anyone! We can buy it at our local supermarket - in the healthfood section. It is pricey, but what isn't these days?

Yesterday was Wednesday, which is the day I have BG all day! (What fun.) It gives his momma a day off....a little bit of leisure time which she seems to appreciate. Well, he smiled for the first time yesterday. Truly - I have witnesses. :) I wish I could have caught his little grin in a photo, but there will be plenty of grins and giggles in the future. Almost 6 weeks old already.....

No comments: