"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Monday, September 29, 2008

I sure hope he remembers - he wanted this hat!!

I completed the "Komi Cap" today, and I am quite satisfied with the outcome! It fits me just fine, which means that it should also fit my son (for whom it was knit) as he has a similar sized noggin.

While not for the faint of heart.... Luckily I find DPN's to be my friends, and after breaking only one..... all was fine!

There is a bit of lining that covers the ears, which will make it doubly warm. So, without further ado.... Henrietta is pleased to present: and another angleAnd my very favorite feature.... (yes....DS actually liked the pom poms!)
The stats: The "Komi Cap" from "Hats On!" by Charlene Schurch. (Be forewarned, there are some errors in this pattern, and as I understand it, some others in the book too. Just an FYI)
I used 2.5mm 16 inch circular needle on the patterned part - till I had to go down to DPN's. The lining was knit on 2.0mm DPN's. I used Cascade "Heritage" sock yarn - I really like this yarn.

It was a fun knit....but as always, I am ready to move on.

And an update on Sofee....
She had to go to the Vet today. Unfortunately, she needed more medication for her "seasonal allergies" and she needed to be seen. She was 4.2 LBs again! Not 4.1 or 4.3 - but 4.2. I would actually question the accuracy of the scale, except DD has a baby scale for BG, and she weighs 4.2LB on that scale too. Anyway.... where was I....oh yes.... - This was the first outing for Grandma, BG, and Sofee....one that had a time frame, and a need for grandma to juggle everyone involved. But, everything went just fine. BG entertained the office staff with grins while Sofee endured what she had to endure. Me - I fell victim to the expensive Vet office treats for sale..... WOW, no wonder they don't price those bags of goodies! She deserves it however Every good doggie deserves Liver Biscotti...YUM!!!

No comments: