"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

More of the same......

I feel there is fodder for a Dr. Seuss book here.... "Hats, Hats, scads of Hats....."This is "Foliage" (Ravelry link). It's the worsted weight version made out of Araucania Nature's wool. It has a slight color variation which makes for a pretty hat, (but a lousy photo). This is "Loopy Mardi Gras Hat" (Raverly link) knit of Noro Silk Garden and (Camel) Lambs Pride Worsted Weight. I can take no credit as to where the colors and the changes fell, just good luck I guess. And this is probably my favorite so far. It's "76-Stitches Hat" (Raverly link again) out of Noro Kcochran. The 30% Angora content makes for a nice soft halo - nice soft hat too, actually! It fits me much better than it does Henrietta. This is a nice big hat - easy fitting. I may have to make myself one of these eventually. I also think matching mittens may be in order for this one.

I am enjoying my hat crusade. Making hats for heads unknown is pretty stress free. No great need to fret over size, color, etc.... Hope my son can find recipients for them all. I am sure he will....he has a ton of friends and enjoys giving gifts......

No comments: