"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

BG sized "Thorpe"

"Thorpe" (Ravelry link) is such a practical hat...warm, over the ears and covers the back of the neck..... I had to make one for BG! The pattern is in several adult sizes, and surprisingly enough, I actually managed to modify it to fit him quite nicely.

This is knit out of a worsted weight yarn, Cascade 220 Superwash instead of a bulky weight. I knit it on size 6 needles. I used the pattern as written, increasing to 88 stitches, and knit the straight hat portion 4.5" from the center point before binding off 34 stitches for the part that goes around his forehead. Anyone who has knit the pattern will understand the above. Sorry....if it is boring to others. I will probably write up more detailed modifications on my Ravelry page, if anyone is interested. Or....you can always ask me questions either thru a comment here/or by email. SUPER nice baby hat!

photo disclaimer... no smiles, as warm hats are serious business... he is doing a "serious mood" model pose. vbg (Besides that, all the smiles were straight on, and I wanted an "over the ear" shot). This is left-over yarn from his daddy's last year's Christmas hat....very "manly", don't you think???

No comments: