"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Sunday, March 01, 2009

News Flash.....

Ruth, AKA Yarnarian, is starting a Mitered Scarf KAL today. Instructions are posted on her blog, but there is also a Ravelry group set up. So....if interested....you know the drill.

I have thought about learning this technique before but never pursued it. For some reason, it just struck my fancy this time. This is my "test" project, so don't let this deter you..... I don't care for what the colors are doing either. I am learning with this yarn, but have another colorway coned and ready to cast on.

As for the sock action: I am nearing completion on my first pair of "Malabrigo sock" socks! Oh ..... so dreamy! I am sure not as durable as most yarns, but my toes will certainly appreciate the luxury - even if short lived. They are full of swirls, pools, flashes, everything that can be disgusting about hand painted yarn, but I STILL love them. Photos will be up in a day or so. Oh - colorway is "Stonechat" my favorite!

No comments: