"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Yep....totally "SocksThatRock" ish...with all those swirls and blobs of color. Hmmm....I stopped knitting with STR because I didn't like that look. But these Malabrigo socks have my heart! I love them, every swirl and flash included. I did a short row heel on these thinking it would be less disruptive to the swirl pattern going down the leg onto the foot. I forgot that since the sole of the foot is not ribbed (5/1 ribbing) like the leg, it would take less yarn for each round, thus creating an entirely new look. Oh well.....

The colorway is my favorite - Stonechat. I knit them on 2.25 harmony DPNs, with a 72 stitch count. Came out perfectly. Just my plain vanilla pattern out of my head. I hope they wear well, but time will tell. They are horribly soft and I just love how they feel on my feet!

I was surprisingly pleased with the yarn itself. I had heard that it was often times over spun and unruly, but I did not find that to be the case at all. It wound up perfectly, and never once did it coil back onto itself. I wish my LYS would start selling it.....
And this is the mitered scarf as it was last evening. BG and I went for a long walk today, and I have broken my cardinal rule and did not knit thru his nap this morning. I knew we were going to be out enjoying the spring weather we are having......

I am enjoying the technique. I think it's getting prettier as it grows. Someone said a scarf could be knit in a week. Don't think that will happen with me. It seems to be going fairly slowly, actually. But it is fun.

No comments: