"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Meandering camera.....

A morning stroll in my yard brings me to my Hosta bed. I just love it this time of year....fresh and "new". I am always grateful when they each come up every spring. I know, Hostas are supposedly easy to grow, but I have not always been so successful.

And a little further out into the backyard, brings me to my husband's garden. Over the years, he has become a pretty successful gardener. It's obviously early in our growing season, but I have been warned "keep an eye on your radishes". They will be ready to harvest soon, I am sure. He does have a roto-tiller, but sometime the old tools are best.

Ok, so why this tour of my yard? Perhaps I am avoiding the scissor duty?? Could be.....
The only thing left to do is reinforce and cut the steek. Then pick up for the front bands. I tried it on, as is, and it fits wonderfully well. Sleeve length is perfect, and I really like the fabric. It's knit with 2 strands of Knitpicks Merino lace yarn, with a 3rd contrasting strand of lace yarn added in every 6th row. I used size us#5 needles. The resulting fabric is so soft and luscious! I really like it.

I will probably "do it" this weekend, when I can give it my undivided attention. Until then, I am starting to swatch for another LARGE project. I am going to knit a gansey for my husband. Another "original" (with the help of Beth's book). He would like dark charcoal grey and I have decided to use Plymouth Galway. This is the yarn that I used for my St. Brigid sweater. I really like working with it, and the way it has worn. I am also going to swatch with a chunky weight Galway, as he wants a "heavy" sweater. Personally, I hope he opts for worsted weight. Perhaps I am nuts.....at least a sweater from Chunky would be a bit faster to knit up. He's a big guy........

No comments: