"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wondering, Waiting, and trying not to whine!

I wonder why life is so different as a grandma?? I don't ever remember turning my living room into a play station circuit workout room when my kids were at the "cruising" stage. But here we have it..... and I quite enjoy watching BG travel from one area to the next.
And while I wait for my yarn to arrive, (the yarn for my husband's gansey), I am knitting some worsted weight wool socks for CIC. They have a mini challenge on from Memorial day through the end of June. Their goal is 150 pairs, sized from 5.5" - 7.5 inches. These fit the requirement. Obviously, I have been using up small snippets of yarn on some of these. I always wonder if they are the most favored, or the most dreaded of socks by the kids who receive them. It's a fun, quick, and useful project.

And now, for the whining part..... I have a HORRID case of contact dermatitis. AKA Poison Ivy, although we don't think my offender is actually poison ivy - but the result is the same. (Don't worry - no photos!) The assumption is that I came into contact with something at the farmer's market last Saturday. My doctor has given me all the help she can, and now it's just a waiting game. (I had great hopes for the injection of steroids, but alas...not much relief!) It's been a few years since I last had such a reaction. I hope it will be MANY more before it happens again..... I am not a pretty sight!!! or a happy camper. OK - whining time is over.......

No comments: