"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Bad, Bad Blogger!

Yep, that's what I have been. I think this is a new record of absence. Sorry....

Since last we visited much has happened. My Idaho sister has come and gone. Great seeing her come, so sad seeing her go. She is 8 yrs my senior, and somehow I always have such a warm fuzzy when I am around her. Sigh.... She says it's because she mothered me for the first 10 yrs of my life. Perhaps. Sigh.... She has always been camera shy (horribly so!) and I respected that this visit. So, no photos here. Sigh....

The Iowa State Fair has also come and gone. So, the summer has ended (or seemingly so). Actually the hot weather seems to be returning, but it will be short lived. I went to the fair twice, and I do believe that I saw every nook and cranny this year!

The garden has gone way past it's prime, as have my flower beds. We are still getting lots of produce, but the enchantment for the gardener has waned, and the weeds are having their hay day now. Soon it will all be tilled under and a new, fresh garden will come up in the spring. As the seasons go.....

Also, it's Sofee's allergy season. Ragweed we think is the culprit, as DD also suffers about this time of year. Sofee is on her meds, and I am looking forward to the first hard frost.

On the knitting front:BG's new hat from the blue handspun fits perfectly...well with a little growth room. Notice that left hand...a second later that hat was toast! LOL. Hope he keeps them on come winter time. Mittens are next on the list. Probably all for naught.....

I am working on the picot bind off on the shawl - hopefully will finish that up this evening. I am happy with the shawl, and actually think I might use this one! Finished photos in a couple of days.

As for spinning:
This roving became this yarn:It's Navajo plied again. 256 yards of somewhere between a DK and WWI may spin some natural white and do some color work with the two together. As for now, I will just enjoy and caress it once in awhile. It's Superwash Merino.

And I think last post I mentioned wanting to eventually knit a natural colored "oatmeal" sweater. I ordered 1 LB of roving. It's Oatmeal BFL from PradiseFibers. It is so very lovely....a dream to spin. So soft! I love the color (or lack thereof). So, I ordered 3 more LBs. I will practice, practice, practice, with the first LB, and swatch, swatch, swatch. Hopefully I'll be able to spin up and knit a sweater. Hopefully!

And to finish this post, I'll share our day. BG and I went to the zoo today. We met up with Erica and her two munchkins.
I think BG enjoyed the other children more than the animals, but that's ok. He still had a great day. I'll post a photo of BG and new friend(s)....if mom will give her permission. How about it Erica? I forgot to ask......

No comments: