"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Since last time.....

It's a knitter's prerogative to change her mind, so.....the cowl morphed into a hat.... An Amanda Hat, pattern by Gina House, available on Raverly. This yarn is the South-Westerly" colorway, shown in the last post. Really like it, and wish more was available. Guess that is one huge drawback of homespun. Can't buy more!I spun up this blue roving, which was a little too bright for my taste, Into this yarn. Somehow during the spinning process, the colors soften and the finished yarns are very pleasing to my eye. I "Navaho-plied" this skein, which is a way of making a 3-ply out of one single strand of yarn. Those that spin will know what I am talking about. Wish I could really explain it to those of you that are non-spinners, but I am too much of a novice to put it into words. Somehow....it works. I did discover that you need extra twist in your single, or it keeps breaking during the process. Yeah....I learned that "the hard way". Lesson learned and not to be forgotten!!! This is a merino, and I think it's a superwash. Hopefully Erica, of "Dreams in Fiber" fame will be able to confirm that tonight at TNKG. It's a roving that I purchased from her. If it is, I may knit up a hat for BG. Not that he'll leave it on or anything. Only way I can get a hat on his head is to play the "hat game" which is really too stupid for me to even go into....... But fun - we both giggle quite loudly!!!

My sisters and I are off to the fair in the morning. Yes, 89 degrees and humidity percentage close to the same. Ahhhhhh.....Iowa! The farmers are grateful, as are the lemonade vendors......

No comments: