"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Sometimes things.....

just don't go as planned! Take for instance, the plan I had for the colors in these mittens to line up nicely. HA! Well, so much for that one. But - I like them none the less. They are soft, squishy, warm, and, well...FUN! I have a sizable amount of the yarn remaining, so perhaps a matching (no pun intended) cowl? This is handspun merino - hence the softness. And a modified Elizabeth Zimmerman Mitered mitten pattern explains the ingenious construction.

If my plan to hang a little man's stocking up at Grandma's house is to be fulfilled..... I better get on to the important projects and set the spinning/knitting aside for now! Making two of these was such a great idea when I thought of it....back in June! I think I can....I think I can....I think I can.....

No comments: