"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Much Better!

This is the Japanese Garden Shawl, by Wendy Johnson.  The pattern is being sold as a  fund-raiser, proceeds going to the Red Cross for Japanese earthquake/tsunami relief.  I should check again, but if memory serves me correctly - she had raised over $4,000 when last I checked.  I think the effort lasts through the end of the month.  So....if you are so inclined, you know what to do...... 


It was a quick and enjoyable project.  Yarn is Cascade Heritage sock yarn on size 5 needle.  I used less than one full skein.  That's usually the way when I have more than one skein available.  lol. 

My postman brought only disappointment yesterday, so I started a spinning project.  Speaking or which .....I have a spinning goodie coming in the mail soon.  Nope, not more fiber this time!  It comes courtesy of the hubbs - he's so supportive of all my "habits"!  

5 comments:

Elaine said...

It's just beautiful! I'm in awe of your talent and your speed! I just started a shawl myself and I'll be lucky to have it done by summer!! I really like the Heritage sock yarn, but I didn't consider it for a shawl. The stitch definition is terrific!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Wendy's sales as of yesterday - $5405.

Judy S. said...

I liked your shawl so much I got the pattern! Had been trying to decide between two and your photo made for an easy decision. Thanks. Don''t you love it when you have an enabler?

cmaruth said...

Very pretty. I am planning on making this as well and was going to use my Fat Cats handspun that you enticed me with. Please bring it Thursday so that I can drool over it properly. --Cindy

L. said...

Ohh, your shawl is just lovely, Kathy! You knit so beautifully.