"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Monday, September 12, 2011

It's gettng to feel alot like......

Well, ok, perhaps that is a bit of an exaggeration.....but it will be here sooner that we realize.  I need to make this last advent calendar.  This one stays at my house.  BG will love it, so I know when it's all done, it will be well worth it.  Just that "all done" thing.....that's the tricky part.  I promised myself I would not let this go till the last minute, so it's actually getting started this evening, (or perhaps tomorrow evening.)  :)

Just thought I would share a new hair product that I just discovered.


In last month's issue of Goodhousekeeping magazine, there was a review on "anti-aging" hair products.  (Who knew????)  Anyway, this one was touted as being a real winner, with a great price tag.  ($10).  It was available locally (Sally Beauty Supply) so last Thursday, on my way to TNKG I picked some up.  Love it!  This link should give you the write up about it on their website. 

And last, I'd like to share my latest spinning efforts:

Two small skeins of fingering weight yarn, destined to be colorwork.  Ginny of FatCatKnits occasionally has 2oz braids for sale.  That is just the right amount of fiber for me to spin for small colorwork projects. This colorway is "Buster", on VBFL.

I really love all the different colors that show up close.  Ginny does amazing things with dyes!

Well, off to my "Mrs. Grandma" duties.  Should be fun.......

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Drat! Now I have to worry about my hair aging. Your spinning is seriously beautiful. And you are a lovely Mrs. Grandma - what a lot of work on that Advent Calendar. I guess it is September and maybe I ought to start thinking about Christmas too.

Lynn said...

smart for starting the advent calendar now!!!! I'm off to check out the aging hair product. Mine is SO not what it used to be and I"m only in my mid 40s!

Judy S. said...

You're so right, it's time to think of holiday projects so as to actually finish them! Some day I'll learn that.... How'd your first Mrs. Grandma day go? Loved your latest spinning result!

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

Kathy, what a neat all-around gal you are! Your spinning is magnificent, and I thank you for the tip for aging hair (although I couldn't possibly need it, she lied).