"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Care to cast your vote....

I am to the point that I need to sew the small log cabin blocks together to make my quilt top (wall hanging, actually).  My original intent was to sew them all together like this:


But when I laid them all out, of course I had to play around with it a bit and came up with this:
 A

And this:

 B
And this:
 C

 For some odd reason I seem to want to change up the corners a bit.  I have always liked the very traditional placement, and once this whim passes, I may be unhappy in the long run....
 D

There will be no sashing, just a dark brown binding.  So, care to vote?  Help out a friend?  No promises (the hubbs is a big lobbyist, and he's not weighed in on this yet) but what do you think?  A,B,C, or D?  Thanks guys...... :)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

All the settings are attractive. My eye likes "A" the best.

Elaine said...

Well, since you asked, I like "B", but they're all nice! I'm always amazed at the amount of work you can produce in such a short time! Just beautiful!

karensspinzen said...

It's a difficult choice. Close your eyes and then open them. Does your sight line fall off of the edge or does it take a moment to search for order. And do you like that? I'm a fan of symmetry, so I'll vote "D". Either way, I love seeing your finished work.

Marguerite said...

They're all nice, but D is the easiest to admire for me.