"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

OK - confession time....

Looking at the picture in the previous post, doesn't it appear that my shawl is progressing from the point UPWARD? Well - that's what I thought, anyway! I was a little confused when the directions spoke of knitting the scalloped border on the bottom edge (and my working yarn was on the 195 stitches that go across the top - or as I though they were). Well - those of you that know what I am talking about are probably laughing right now.... Go ahead, enjoy!!!

So - my shawl was all done this morning, and as I was trying to figure out just how I was supposed to block it into the shape I wanted - when it certainly did not want to go into that shape - I realized, yes - I had made it upside down!! My scalloped edge was actually across the TOP of the shawl. DUH -- Inexperience goes a long way......

Now - there - I have told you all how really stupid I am..... I am going to go frog for awhile...

See you all again when my red face stops burning!!!! (perhaps I should stick with socks - at least I can tell the toe from the heel)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Retirement!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WAIT!!- I'm not sure you've done anything wrong (I just had a glass of wine though, so I can't be sure.) I think you are just trying to block it wrong. The working stitches ARE supposed to be across the top...the part you have knit with the 2 garter stitch border (that you have stretched out in the pic on the previous post)is the straight edge - don't frog!!
PS - this feed and the previous one were not picked up by bloglines so I missed them ...otherwise I would have yelled to you yesterday!

Abigail said...

what pat said.

you are knitting the shawl from the center neck out. so the massive amount of stitches you have goes along the bottom two edges, your blocking it wrong.

I scrolled down and looked at your first in progress photo and it's perfectly fine, so it's just the way you are blocking it.

what you have as a point should be straight across. and what you have straight across should be a point.

bobbi said...

this blog sounds like something I would write. I tried a lace scarf to no avail. I'm not going there again until I get lessons, or maybe never.

P.S. guess what I'm doing?