"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

And the UPS man brought.....

A box from WEBs! I have a desire to make a Cotton sweater, a Lacy cotton sweater, an Orangey lacy cotton sweater. Go figure....??? I had some Svale by Dale of Norway ordered, and was very sad when I realized the order was canceled as the yarn had been discontinued. On the same day, at a weak moment, I received a new Valley Yarn catalog. On a whim, I ordered a sufficient amount of "Melon" Longmeadow. It is their DK weight cotton/microfiber yarn. I did no research, didn't really think about it too much. (Very unlike me.) I have no experience with cotton other than "Peaches and Cream" for crafty items, and two cotton/blend sock experiences. So - new territory for me folks....

In order to reach the dollar amount needed to earn the discount Webs offers, I also ordered one skein of Colrain, and one skein of Goshen. I had recently read good reviews about these yarns, and thought I would order one skein of each to play with.

Unfortunately, the color is somewhat off in this photo - but this is the lace swatch. The gauge is just perfect! (before washing) The yarn is a very nice, soft, orangey "Melon" color. I love it! It is way above my expectations! It appears to be a very soft, springy yarn. Very nice to work with, no splits, even with sharp Knitpicks Option needles. Now, I realize the verdict is out, as to washability/wearablilty/longevity. But, so far - so VERY good!! VERY reasonably priced, I might add -- to the extent that it scared me, actually!

And, one Pomotamus is finished. Lovely sock, fits quite nicely. Am I looking forward to knitting sock #2?, well not particularly, but I'll manage to get it done -- wedged in between "Leo" (no, I will not bore you with more navy blue ribbing) and my "Moonlight Melon" sweater.

Retirement is great!!!!! And some said this Type A personality would be back in the job market in six months! LOL! LOL! LOL!!!!........

No comments: