"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Whew.... finally time for a post...

Life has been a whirlwind around her the last few days. Along with spending extra time with my recuperating mom:

On Friday, my daughter and I had a "girl's day out" - GREAT FUN!! (no one ever told me how wonderful it would be to have adult children!!)

On Saturday, we took part in John Deere's 60 Anniversary celebration (which is where my DH works) and we took in a great movie -- "The Brave One" with Jodie Foster. Be warned: very violent, and not my normal kind, but it had me on the edge of my seat from the first few minutes.... never once did I look at my watch, or think of what I could be doing at home (my test for a good movie).

And, on Sunday, we took in the beautiful Iowa countryside while touring some historic Iowa barns. There is a society that helps with the restoration of these treasures, and they hold annual tours where you can explore the barns, hear the history, meet the owners, that type of thing. A fall road trip is also a great reason to go....

My vote for most unusual roofline:
Probably my favorite of them all -- for some reason I really like round barns.
Here is an inside shot of the round barn. There was a silo built in the middle of it.
While not much, I have managed to do a little knitting. I started a pair of my original Glittens as a Christmas gift - the recipient of which will be nameless. I normally make them from DK wt yarns, and since these are WW Cascade 220 superwash, I am a little unsure of my sizing. Plus, I do not have the hands available for try-ons. So, hoping for the best!!
For an easy road-trip project, I started a double knit hat yesterday. This is a test run of the pattern -- mainly the sizing. I hope it winds up fitting someone. The double thickness of Cascade 220 should make for some ears this winter.
And finally, my daughter saw a copy of Interweave knits at a LYS, with the photo of "Tilted Duster" on it. She liked it, and mentioned that she would like me to make it for her. So - another on my list - hopefully before Christmas. Christmas on my new retiree's budget is going to be down-scaled a little this year. I hope that some nice handknits make for some gifting excitement.

No comments: