"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The "Non Noro" Noro Scarf

This one is for me. Matching mittens will be coming soon. While I have had the scarf yarn in my stash for awhile, I managed to find some more of the yarn at my LYS. These are my muted colors, and should go nicely with my new Ivory down jacket. The yarn is not Noro, it is "Paint Box" by "Knit one, Crochet two". It is 100% wool. I am hoping that it softens a bit in it's first bath. If not, I can live with it.....

On the "Tilted Duster" front.... We had a fitting last night, and all is well. While the collar needs some modification (it comes nearly to her nose!!) at least the new version of the sleeve fits well. I am working on the 2nd sleeve now. With two more days in November, I will make my goal...the knitting will be done at least. Not sure it will be all sewn together and blocked, but perhaps.....

Several weeks ago, my Glitten pattern was posted on Ravelry. I had not intended to do so, thinking it was not "worthy" of the world. Better kept on my own little blog. Someone else posted it, actually, but now I am glad that happened. There has been a person make a pair. I was so excited!! I was shocked at how I felt, actually. Just honored that someone would see my pattern and really want to make it! So, those of you with Ravelry access....check out what "motheroftwins" knit. She did just a beautiful job!

Gotta go....a sleeve is beckoning....

No comments: