"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

A contribution from my better half....

No, not from Sofee, from DH this time!
He suggested that I post a photo of his amaryllis. It has 4 blooms all open at once. It is quite gorgeous. He has a red one that has two flower stems, with 3 blossoms. Then, there is a white one that is about 1/2 inch out of the ground. Huh? What's with that? They were all planted at the same time - and given the same care. Guess we will be able to enjoy them longer, if it ever does bloom. The first sign of spring will be in a few weeks, when he plants his tomato seeds. So, for those of you that are freezing this weekend....soon, very soon!

I shot a better (slightly, well perhaps not) photo of the little gansey. I am much happier with it now that it is dry. I must remember that Galway blooms when dry - making for a much nicer fabric.
I have Grandbaby's (if it's a boy) sweater blocking. And, absolutely nothing on the needles right now. What's more, I finished my current book this morning, so....sort of in a dead zone right now..... "Saturday" by Ian McEwan is a very good read, btw.

No comments: