"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Finally....

I am going to make the long awaited "Central Park Hoodie". It has been on my radar screen for over a year now, and I have had my yarn for probably six months. What have I been waiting for? An Understudy!!

DD has a life-long friend who came for a knitting lesson this weekend. She is jumping into the knitting world with a big splash. Her very first project will be a CPH! She can do it! She is a crocheter, and seems to have a certain degree of natural ability. She's a quick study in other words. We plan on working at a similar pace, so that I can help her over any rough spots she may experience. So, I have swatched: Perfectly on gauge with the suggested yarn, Donegal Tweed. (The color in the photo is off. It is "Garnet" colorway, - a deep red, almost burgundy. Very nice). Mel is making hers from Paton's Classic Merino - Grey colorway. (She has already learned the fine art of "swatch grumbling" - she has been initiated!) She is on gauge now after a needle switch. Shirley is joining us for a 3-way KAL. Any other takers? Should be fun! I hope to post photos of Mel's progress from time to time. She is blogless, and I think intends to remain so.

DD suggested that I make her this nursing shawl from the book that she gave me for my birthday. ("BoHo Baby Knits" by Kat Coyle) Pretty, huh!? I have the yarn ordered. She is changing the colors to a dark brown, dark pink, and off white. I am anxious to get started! It will be out of Rowan Wool Cotton. A DK wt 50/50 machine washable blend.
And, just a little something blue...and fun. I found this pattern on Ravlery, and the designer was gracious enough to send it to me. I can see tons of these falling off the needles. Now I wish I were a dishcloth knitter - I think their world has tons of design graphs available. I liked this little penguin. I am sure grandbaby will love painting him green with spinach some day....oh what fun we'll have! Till later.... k

No comments: