"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

I say it's finished!

I have not officially blocked the hood or front bands, but here are the finished photos, none the less - such as they are. I also want to get black toggles and use loops instead of buttonholes. One shopping trip was unsuccessful in finding what I want, so for now....it remains an open cardi.
Central Park Hoodie: Pattern from the original Fall 2006 KnitScene (thanks to Rebecca!).

The modifications: I shortened the sleeve length by 1 inch. I made the sleeve increases every 6 rows instead of every 8 rows, as I feared the sleeves would be tight. I used short row shaping on the shoulders. I did a 3-needle bind off for the hood. I picked up the button band on one needle, to eliminate the seam at the top of the hood. I used an I-cord bind off for the front band. Also, I picked up and crocheted a stabilizing chain stitch across the back neckline...as it felt too stretchy across the back of my neck. In retrospect, I wish I would have continued the cables up the back and onto the hood. I didn't realize how the nicely they would show on the hood when it was laying down. Darn! My only regret!
The yarn is the suggested Tahiki Donegal Tweed, in Colorway "Garnet". I really like it! For the life of me, I cannot find my receipt - and I don't remember how many skeins I purchased. I have 3 1/2 skeins left over though. I always buy extra, but not that much. I think the pattern was very generous on it's material list.

All in all, it was a fun knit. One that I would like to do again sometime. But, with all the beautiful sweater patterns out there, I wonder if I ever will?? I shared this knit with Shirley and Melissa. Thanks guys!

No comments: