"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Knit with lots of love....

This past week, I put St. Brigid aside and concentrated on finishing up my daughter's nursing shawl. It came off the blocking mat today, and I am quite happy with it, actually. As an adoptive mom, I never breastfed my babies. I always felt that I missed out on that special bonding experience. I guess that is why I was so happy to be able to make this shawl for my daughter and (expected) grandson. It was knit with all sorts of loving thoughts... I hope they will both enjoy it!The pattern is "Bloomsburg Nursing Shawl" from the book "Boho Baby Knits" by Kat Coyle.
It was knit out of Rowan WoolCotton - 9 skeins. On size US6 needles. Finished size is 25" by 48". It was not stretched during blocking....only shaped. It is a very soft, fluid fabric. I made no changes to the pattern at all. It was a fun knit, although, I am glad it is complete...enabling me to move on to other projects and (eventually) back to St. Brigid.

No comments: