"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Plain (off) white socks

How are these for basic socks? No frills or fluff here....but I really like them. Hope mom does too. I think she will. She likes to cuff her socks. Suppose she has a poodle skirt tucked away somewhere??
There are 68stitches with a 2x2 ribbed 6" cuff. An Eye of Partridge heel, with a garter stitch border. I knit them with 2.25mm pony pearls dpns. They are made from the new Cascade Heritage Sock yarn. They are butter soft. I couldn't be more pleased, nor could I have enjoyed the process any more. Exactly what a nice knitting project should be! I will be on the hunt for more of this yarn. It was only $12 for a generous skein - and oh so soft and nice to work with!

I decided to go for pair number 3 for mom. I am hoping to at least get one sock done. I had a couple of false starts this morning, but I think I am on the right path now. Going to use up a skein of the original Opal Petticoat that I have in my stash. Trying to get a "feather and fan" type of pattern worked out. Sizing is a bit of an issue.... hope I'm on the right track.

I checked the dove's nest. Still only 2 eggs, so twins it must be! Perhaps there will be room in the inn for two of them.....

No comments: