"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ark blueprints anyone.....??

MotherNature is unleashing her furry on the Midwest this time. We are treading water here in Des Moines as fast as we can. Personally, I am on high ground, so doing ok, but much of our state, Des Moines included, is struggling with major floods. We are hopeful that improvements made 15 years ago will be sufficient to protect our water treatment plant. In the "flood of 93" we lost our water supply for over a week. When considering what others have lost, it seems a small inconvenience, but we are still hoping for the best. Major sadness surrounds the loss of the 4 young men killed by the tornado last night in Western Iowa. My heart goes out to the families and friends of those young folks. I guess ours is not to question why....but....???

Feeling sort of down the last couple of days, Sofee and I were exploring the back yard during a brief break in rainfall this morning. It helped brighten my day a little when within this clematis vine....we discovered this cardinal nest. Mom (or dad?) flew out as we were looking at the blossoms. They have a nice home hidden away amongst the blooms. Perhaps I should erect an umbrella....
What can be more cherry than a little red sweater? This will be for Baby Garret (who has only 29 more days till his "official" arrival date). DD thinks he will come early. Grandma doesn't want to rush anything.... I am anxious for his arrival, but all in due time.

The pattern is a freebie from Berroco, "Baby Poonam". The yarn is Comfort DK. It's an acrylic/nylon blend. Very soft, but very splitty - so difficult to work with. I think it's a pretty sweater. The sleeves will be textured like the back, with the cabling down the front of the sweater.
I am knitting another pair of plainjane ribbed socks as a teaching aid for my sock class. These are out of a Cherry Tree Hill skein from my stash. I don' know the colorway - but I really like it very much. No Pony Pearls however - using the needles available at the shop. I am sure you all know how I really feel about that!!
And, another book on Lace came home with me on Tuesday. This is going to prove to be a great resource I think. I really will have no excuse if I can't conquer the lace demon.

No comments: