"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Friday, June 06, 2008

By Golly.....

I think I've got it!! And FINALLY - it's fun!


My son says that knitting is all about muscle memory. Well, my muscles finally remembered what they were supposed to do!

This is the Summer Sampler Study from Badcat Designs. It is being presented on her blog in weekly installments. No frogging, no frustration - just lovely knitting entertainment with this project. There will be 12 different patterns in all - separated by a spacer bar. The 2nd pattern will be posted on Sunday. I am so glad that I found this site. It will be a great opportunity for me to learn.....

The yarn that I am using is Silky Alpaca Lace by Classic Elite Yarns. It's off white. Nice and soft. 460 yds per 50 grams. I liked the fabric that I was getting with a US#3 needle - so I am using knitpicks Options. I wish I had harmony tips, but I don't have 3's - but the slippery metal ones are working out ok.

Mom's socks are completed (photo coming soon) and I will soon be starting yet another pair for her - out of one more skein of vintage opal self-striping. I rearranged my stash today, and I really need to use some of it up! LOL...and I just ordered two new yarns from Lisa Souza yesterday -- for socks for mom! Lisa has a new color that is exactly what mom asked for this spring. I couldn't resist. Yes, I know....I am weak...

No comments: