"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Clue #1

Lace has grabbed me - with both hands! This is the first clue of Goddess Knits Anniversary Mystery Shawl. It's a KAL on Yahoo. I believe it is open to new folks till the end of June, if you are interested. Her instructions are very straight forward and easy to understand. I think I will enjoy this project very much. It is knit in the "PI" technique.
Once the very center was finished, we had to choose (blindly) one of four patterns, A,B,C, or D. This is pattern C. I did not know how to choose, so I asked DH to pick one.Edited several hours later: I just added this photo - as I unpinned it, it started to relax look a little better. Don't you think - or perhaps it's just wishful thinking??

This is far from perfect. I had problems with the areas where the two needles met. I am hoping that miracles will happen during the blocking process. I may frog and try again - I am going to order a 16" circular today so at least the next clue should be better.

The yarn is Knitpicks Shimmer. I love the colors and hope that the variegation does not detract from the lace pattern. As of now, I am hoping that it camouflages the problem areas. Perhaps when it grows, the center (and it's imperfections) will not be so obvious.

No comments: