"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Just making a little Lemonade.....

St. Brigid is going to the LYS with me today - hoping for a little knitting time. Carrying the cookie sheet magnet board is not too convenient....when what did I behold.... A Sandbag! Yes - necessity is indeed the mother of invention. A perfect use for this (unused of course!) souvenir of the floods of '08.

The waters are receding here in Mid Iowa, and the flooding is now going on along the Mississippi. Notice I did not say that the devastation is happening on our Eastern border. The devastation is EVERYWHERE - and will be long lasting I fear! So sad. My family (all of us - extended as well) fared well - even my brother who lives in Cedar Rapids. Many, many others were not as fortunate. My heart goes out to them all, as the clean up is just beginning. Again - I am so very grateful......

No comments: