"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Monday, October 27, 2008

With the help of my friends.....

These mittens were made using Malabrigo, worsted weight. My first experience with this yarn, but hopefully far from my last. These are so buttery soft and lovely.... I totally know what all the hype is about this yarn now. Also, I love this pattern! It's Chevalier, (Ravelry link). Check it out....but don't be afraid. It is really a very easy pattern....if you can cable, you can make these mittens. The pattern calls for doubled fingering weight yarn, but worsted weight has been substituted by many on Raverly, and it worked just fine for me also.

I used size 5 needles - knit exactly per pattern instructions. These will NOT be sent to parts unknown. They will be keeping MY fingers warm this winter! The colorway is "Red Java"....actually a little more rusty than photographed. And yes...I did use a cable needle for these.

And while BG took his nap this morning, I started these:
A pair of gloves from the Selbuovtter book. It is Annemore #11. Finished size will determine their final destination. I am using Cascade Heritage sock yarn and 2.75mm Pony Pearls. The yarn gives the benefit of being machine washable and the strength of the nylon will help them wear well. If you see blue Pony Pearls in the next photo, you'll know that I frogged and started over on a smaller needle..... could happen!

Fall has hit Iowa with a vengeance.... and with it a hard freeze that should give Sofee some relief from her allergies. While I hate the thought of high heating bills, having an itch free pup will be a welcome event.

I'll be back later in the week with Halloween greetings....
knit on.....
k

No comments: