"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Color

My regular readers will know that I am a bit color shy. Give me browns, beiges, off whites, rusts, with a few touches of barn red thrown in there....and I am comfortable. But I found this skein at my LYS, and I couldn't resist. The colors are a tad more muted than the photo portrays, but yes...there is indeed some blue in there - and mauve, and a minty green. I kind of like this yarn! Trying to decide on a nice scarf pattern that will show the play of colors well. Any suggestions welcome...... The yarn is "Andes" by Elizabeth Austin - color 34. (I think it deserves a beautiful name, but alas...it's "34") It's a worsted weight 100% wool. Nothing fancy - just that I really loved the colors. Strange.....

No comments: