"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Is this not the "Cat's meow".....

Or, perhaps better yet - the "Dog's bark"? I think it is one of the cutest mitten patterns I have ever seen!
Again, a design by Jorid Linvik.
I wanted this one for warmth....so instead of using a fingering weight yarn, I used Falk by Dale of Norway, which is a sport wt wool. I also lengthened the cuff, as I like my mittens to go way up into my coat sleeve. They fit just perfectly! I could not be happier. (Well - perhaps if the dog were a Chihuahua instead of a Boston Terrier.......perhaps!)

Back in a few days with finished thumbs (so cute!) and nicely blocked. My color work is always lumpy bumpy at this stage, but blocks out nicely.

No comments: